Tuesday, January 15, 2013


Ok, so these are a few options that I made for my mom's necklace. She wanted it mixed metals and very rustic looking. The bird necklace is a sweet little way to camouflage one's information but still looking adorable enough that your loved one wants to wear it. I personally love the second necklace with the blue jade stone! It hangs from the clasp and looks really trendy with the wire wrapping and I also love the long length of it. The third necklace is for those who want the "ALZ" disk on a necklace. All three of these necklaces have a name, address, and birthdate. All the information a family member needs to have on them. My mom doesn't carry a purse, wallet, or cell phone anymore. If she gets separated from one of us or her caretaker, having this information on her gives us such piece of mind. Lastly, I wanted to add this picture of mom after I gave her the necklace. She was so happy to wear it. She had tears in her eyes because she thought it was so pretty. It was so heart warming to see her excited about her new necklace. My mom has always been a jewelry lover and it saddens me that her diamond necklace is now replaced by crucial information but the reality is that she needs this information on her for god forbid a separation situation. As much as it saddens me it also makes me feel so good to be able to design a custom necklace for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment